Look, I’m no Marie Kondo, but I’ve been itching to clean out my life! This winter, I’ve felt so disorganized, unproductive, and all around dysfunctional… It’s a challenge to feel organized when you have so much cluttering up your day to day life! I’m going to go through some tips that have helped me declutter my life lately.
1. Clean out your backpack/purse/travel bag: My bags that I travel with on the day to day can get so messy! You’re always rushing around with them and barely have time to think before you’re stuffing in receipts, an old napkin, or spare change from the coffee shop. Take 10 minutes to go through your travel bags and see what you can throw out. You’ll be able to find your keys easier when you’re in a panic. 😉
2. Clean Out Your Car: The amount of old candy wrappers, granola bars, water bottles, chipotle receipts, and more that I fail to take out of my car is incredible! Try to clean out trash you don’t need, and vacuum your car! It will feel brand new!
3. Sell/Donate Old Clothes: This was a game changer for me… I love clothes, but have so many of them! Over Christmas, I went through my closet in my childhood room along with extra clothes that I took to move to Michigan, and I found so many that I haven’t worn in years! I have been very successful in my clothing endeavors by utilizing my College’s online garage sale and selling things for very cheap. If you don’t have access to an online facebook group, make a Poshmark or Depop! You can sell clothes you don’t wear anymore. Extra clothing that wouldn’t do as well being sold can be donated to your local thrift store or shelter.
4. Clean Your Room: I don’t mean just picking the clothes off your floor and throwing them in the laundry basket because you’re lazy….I talk from experience. Go through what’s under you’re bed, reorganize the clothes you’ve stuffed in your dresser, and even go through your desk papers and throw out what you don’t need. We tend to keep a lot of things we don’t need because we forget about them.
5. Make Your Bed. This is probably the easiest one of them all. Since my bed takes up 50% of my room, making my bed is the main aspect that makes my room look clean. It takes 10 minutes or less every day to make you feel a little put together.
I feel much more relaxed and confident when my day-to-day spaces are clean. It’s easier for me to focus, I spend less time running around, and I can plan ahead a little better. These organization tips might seem obvious, but it’s crazy how easily we forget about these things when we get busy!
I hope this helped you stay a little more organized so you can enjoy the rest of your week!