Hey everyone! I am so excited because February is the month of LOVE! I don’t know about you, but I’ve started looking for my date night outfits for the coming week! If you’re looking to find unique, chic, and classy outfit pieces, dottie+jo has everything you need for your date night this v-day!
The vision behind dottie+jo is a group of powerhouse women! They’re a female, family based team who named their amazing online boutique after their grandmas. The heart behind their business is so apparent, and they also have a large variety of funky, chic clothes! For this Valentine’s Day outfit, I styled their Cecilia Fay top with a pair of their Wild+Free boots.
My goal for this Valentine’s Day look was to move away from the ‘traditional’ Valentine’s colors of pink and red. The Cecelia Fay top is still a neutral, but has beautiful, funky embroidery which makes the top stand out! I love the fray on the edges for some added texture. It’s easy to dress up or down, depending on how fancy your date night is.
In addition, the Wild+Free boots give a nice pop of color to a darker outfit. Even though the Cecelia Fay top and the Wild+Free boots have a lot of pattern, they work together well because they’re both neutrals! It’s an unexpected, but fun combination of pattern!
If you like the outfit I styled today, I have good news for you! You can use the code XOXOBRYNNE for 20% off your entire order for the month of February. Not only is this cute outfit available, but there are so many stunning dresses, jumpsuits, sweaters, and more to choose from!
I hope I’ve inspired you for your date night! I cannot wait to see what dottie+jo has in store for your date night outfits!
When the oversized T-shirt fad came upon us, I wasn’t ready to jump on board right away. I felt like I would look awkward, and it’s hard to find oversized things that don’t drown me when I try to be a part of the ‘oversized’ trend. Finally, I found a way to style an oversized tee and feel stylish while doing so!
I thrifted my t-shirt for $3. I strongly believe anyone can find a similar tee at a thrift store; there’s no use buying a $20 shirt in a normal store (unless you’re in love with it). I’m convinced there are TONS of big tees out in the thrifting world that you can find for nothing!
I paired my leather jacket with my tee because it gave me a little shape. Alas, I bartered for that jacket at a vintage market (and got it for a steal) but I found a similar jacket from Zara that I would buy in a heartbeat if I didn’t have this one!
I layered my tee with a thin long sleeve from Forever 21. I use this shirt for SO MANY OUTFITS. If I could recommend anything, it would be to buy a bunch of neutral, form-fitting shirts to layer other pieces you find. Then, you can wear ‘summer’ clothes even when it’s freezing!
I gave my outfit a little bling with some silver hoop earrings I found at Target. They’re very affordable and comfortable! I’m a big fan of silver jewelry, and these add the perfect detail without taking attention away from the outfit.
My skinnies are from American Eagle. I still can’t recommend the quality of American Eagle jeans enough. They last for a long time and they’re super comfortable. In addition, they’re always affordable, especially since AE has jean sales frequently.
My boots were found at TJ Maxx, but I found a pair from DSW that are almost exactly the same and have a cute detail by the heel! I’m in LOVE with this pair.
Overall, I never thought this combination would work out, but it gave me a rebellious, sassy look that I’m not usually capable of! I had a lot of fun styling this outfit and it’s such a simple look!
Good luck with your oversized outfit endeavors! You got this!
Try My Outfit:
From the birth of Instagram, hashtags have existed along with it. Honestly, they have a bad rep… unless you know how to use them.
Yes, we all know how annoying it is when someone takes a picture of their latte and hashtags: #workinggirl #coffeequeen #ootd #sundayfunday or other words that are otherwise infuriating to scroll through. But guess what? It doesn’t have to be like that.
Hashtags are incredibly important for growing your audience. You can be widely successful with them if you understand how they work. Here are some tips to growing your audience on the gram.
- Start Local. If you’re a small business, an artist, or another form of entrapeneur, throwing around hashtags such as #business, #boutique or #theatreartist are not going to help you. There are thousands to millions of pictures with these hashtags! You can easily narrow down who sees your posts by making it local. For example #Tulsabusiness #BostonBoutique #DetroitTheatreArtist. Each of these hashtags have MUCH smaller posts attached to them, but the people who you want seeing your posts will be able to find you! Otherwise, your posts will get lost with the other people who claim to be an #actor, #businessowner, or #marketingstrategist.
- Be Specific to the Post you Make. If you took a picture of yourself at the beach, would putting the hashtag #catstagram be an ideal choice? I don’t think so. Take this photo below for example! I’m not just on a beach, I’m in Carmel, California, on part of the California State Route 1 drive. That’s so specific, right? Some hashtags I could use here are #carmelcalifornia #californiastateroute1 #californiaroadtrip #carmelbeaches, etc. If I was trying to focus my hashtags on the fashion aspect of this picture, I could include brand names such as #americaneagle #springsweet, etc.
- Don’t Use General Hashtags. If I was at the beach, I wouldn’t use #beach or #sun. Again, where are you? Are you on vacation? Can you hashtag a brand of the swimsuit you’re wearing? The more specific, the better! Millions of people have already used #beach and it takes even more work to be found with general hashtags. In addition, many of the #basic #hashtags have many spam accounts attached to them who copy and paste comments on to your post. As a fashion blogger, I used to get tons of comments asking me to collaborate with brands or asking if I wanted a discount on their products which is the most frustrating thing in the world. Be less general to avoid spam! Since I’ve stopped using those general hashtags, I have received barely any spam comments.
- Search for Hashtags in Your Niche. You can use the Instagram search bar to see how many posts have used a certain hashtag. I highly recommend doing this as you can see if your post will get lost or not. Now, popular hashtags aren’t all bad. But if you mix up your hashtags with ones that have millions of posts to ones that only have a thousand or a couple hundred, it will widen your chances of your post being seen.
- Mix Up Your Hashtags. I had this bad habit of finding some of my favorite hashtags, making a note on my phone, and copy and pasting the same ones to every post… Bad News. If you use the same hashtags for every post you make, Instagram shadow bans you. Shadow banning is when Instagram senses an account is a spam account and hides your posts on the hashtags you’re making. Therefore, all that research you did was for nothing! I suggest making multiple, RELEVANT hashtag groups and switching them up every time you post. This also gives your post the chance to be seen by more people.
- You Don’t Need To Use the Maximum. Instagram allows you to use 30 hashtags per post. You don’t have to use all 30! Again, sometimes using all of them just for the sake of using them is not as helpful as using 10 powerful hashtags for your page. Switch up the amount of hashtags you’re using in protection of being shadow banned.
- Put Hashtags in the Caption. When you post hashtags in the caption, the hashtags will be just as fresh as the post is. Sometimes hashtags aren’t as useful when you post them in the comment section because your post has already been live for as long as it took you to write the hashtags. If you don’t want your hashtags to be as seen on your post, find a way to put them at the bottom and add a symbol so they are separated between your caption and your hashtag section.
I hope this post was helpful for those who are wondering how the heck to use hashtags! I started as the most ANNOYING hashtagger and after doing my research, hashtags have helped be get up to 45% of my audience engagement from a singular post, none of which followed me at the time. If you’re trying to expand your audience, do the work! I can guarantee it has been so helpful to my growth as blogger.
Christmas may have come, the New Year is definitely amongst us, but that doesn’t mean the snow is going away no matter how much you wish it was gone! Sometimes I struggle with the desire to dress well in the winter because I’m almost always wearing a parka and no one will see my outfit. But guess what?! You can dress warm and still show that cute outfit you’ve been dying to wear!
First of all, this sweater is probably my favorite in my winter wardrobe as of now! Chartreuse is one of my favorite colors to wear and it’s so unique! I found it at H&M for $30, which is a great price for an item that is so well made. Not to mention, it’s environmentally conscious.
Next up, I found my jeans at Nordstrom Rack. The dark wash makes the sweater pop and the jeans are so comfortable and stretchy!
My over-the-knee boots are from DSW. I like these ones because they don’t have the crazy heel and I can wear them as day-to-day attire. They’re also super comfortable and spice up the outfit in a fun way!
Last but not least, my hat is from Gliks! It’s so warm and comfortable because the inside is lined with a fuzzy fabric. Also the big pom pom is such a nice touch! This hat definitely tops of the outfit to make it feel more like winter, and I can wear it with just about anything!
You can find each of these pieces in their links throughout this blog! I am so excited for you to check it out because you can order any of these pieces online. As always, I am SO thankful for you and so happy you checked out my blog!
Ok you guys: skirts are difficult to wear in the winter… They’re cold, the wind blows them in different directions, and they can be so difficult to pair with other winter wear! But guess what? I’ve got the perfect fix for you!
I am Trends may come and go, but cheetah print is here to stay. I haven’t seen a pink cheetah print skirt in my fashion discoveries quite yet and this one would definitely takes the cake. It’s super flowy and surprisingly warm for the thin material it’s made from. It’s also lined so you don’t have to worry about layering it with anything.
I adore this white pullover! Chunky knits are my winter weakness and I love how cozy this one is. It’s wool and the simple heart pattern is so fun! I love mixing this bigger pattern with the smaller cheetah print. Mixing different patterns is such a simple way to spice up an outfit.
I also enjoy playing with tucking in the sweater or leaving it untucked. You can play with this style depending on your preference.
That’s all for today folks! Thank you always for reading, and you can get this whole outfit from Urban Found! They have stores in Holland, South Haven, and Saugatuck if you’re looking to do some Holiday shopping!
Have an incredible day!
This winter, I’ve been obsessed with playing with neutral tones and jazzing them up. There are so many neutrals out there besides black and white! I’m really feeling camo this season.
First of all, I’m in love with this gray top! I like the layered look of the long and short sleeves; it gives the whole outfit some extra texture!
Next up are the camo pants! I love the color and they can make so many other colors work with them. Not to mention, the zipper detail on the bottom of the leg is super cute and lets you adjust the leg length.
If you know me, you know that accessories complete the outfit! I love the mixture of long gold levels and smaller silver beads in this necklace. The rounded look is so unique!
Last but not least, I’m in LOVE with this full leather purse! The leather is so well done and soft, and is a great neutral to add to an outfit with brown tones. I would recommend it anywhere!
That’s all for today folks! Again, this outfit is completely styled at Urban Found, you should definitely check them out for some last minute Christmas shopping! They have stores in downtown Holland, South Haven, and Saugatuck.
Have an amazing pre-Christmas weekend, and thank you for reading!😊
I am giving some MAJOR actress vibes with this outfit! (My other side as an artist is coming out.) This might be one of my favorite outfits to style thus far! This is the PERFECT outfit to go to a Holiday party in!
First of all, the statement piece is definitely the fur jacket! It’s vegan fur and the coziest thing in the world! Not only does it look fancy, but it feels like I’m wearing a bathrobe!
Next up we’ve got this awesome knit cream sweater! I love that there’s metallic looking pieces in the fabric which give it a little glam! It’s a great neutral because it’s fun at the same time!
I will forever be a fan of olive colored jeans. Seriously you guys, I love the color because once again, they’re a neutral that can go with almost anything! The high waist with the buttons up the front is such a fun detail!
Last but not least: Statement. Earrings. Urban Found has the best selection of earrings, and I will forever be a fan of them! I love the thread of these and they are the perfect glitzy match to the coat!
All of these clothing items besides the shoes are from Urban Found! They have 3 locations in West Michigan: Holland, South Haven, and Saugatuck. I highly recommend checking them out as they have such great selections and affordable prices for the Holiday Season!
I am so thankful for all of you reading my posts! I hope you have a cheerful Holiday season!!!
Oh hey you guys! Look, I get it, orange is a daring color to pull off, ESPECIALLY in the Winter. I am here to tell you that you can pull it off!
These skinny cords are some of my favorite pants! They are super stretchy and comfortable, and I love the button detail and high waist. I definitely recommend getting a pair such as these.
I am obsessed with chunky knits, and I’m absolutely in love with this one! The cream calms the orange down, and has a tint of warmth that goes so well with the cords!
The hair clips are next! Gold is one of my favorite colors to use to accessorize as it goes with just about anything! And this tortoiseshell pattern is very in, and I’m really enjoying the big hair clip trend!
Also… this purse! It’s vegan and has a lot of storage space. I’m usually not the biggest fan of bigger totes but honestly this one is the perfect size and style that it wouldn’t be clunky.
Last but not least, I always like to jazz up an outfit with some bangles! Silver and gold is a great addition to this outfit, and using different kinds of metals brings out the warm and cool colors simultaneously!
Alright folks, that’s all for now! As always I REALLY appreciate you reading my blog, and please let me know if you have any questions for me! Every item is from Urban Found, a super cute West Michigan boutique! I highly recommend checking them out in store or online.
Have the best day ever!
Anyone else feel like winter can be so bleak sometimes? Well, I’m right there with ya. When there are neutral tones in nature, I like to add some flare to darker colors in my wardrobe. Here’s the secret: details are key.
I found this dark blouse which I’m absolutely in love with! The shape of the sleeves is so interesting and I love how they bubble. Although the blouse is darker, the shiny, luminescent quality makes the outfit far more interesting.
Next, up, the pants! Again, the maroon is a darker color, but the dyed black on the sides gives the pants shading and helps bring the blouse together. Not to mention, skinny jeans always look good with some combat boots!
Accessories matter so much! I love the snakeskin pattern of this silk scarf because it gives a pop of something lighter to go with the whole outfit.
I would choose either the scarf or earrings with this outfit, but I am IN LOVE with these star earrings! They are a huge, glittery, and fun piece to add to this outfit! They’re like icing on the cake, I would wear these everyday if I could!
Every piece of this outfit (minus the combat boots) are from Urban Found. They have some incredible pieces for the winter season and I definitely recommend checking them out!
Ladies, I hear you: finding a comfortable work outfit can be SO hard sometimes! Skirts and blazers can be too tight, work pants don’t stretch the way they should… it’s a mess. Thankfully, I’ve found a great way to dress comfy and find a beautiful, professional outfit for the working environment.
First of all, snakeskin is a pattern that is super popular right now! I’ve seen it on everything from boots to sweaters, and this time I’ve found the perfect shirt with it! It’s so comfy with a lighter material that you could easily layer under sweaters and cardigans.
Next up, these bell bottoms are to die for!!! They’re incredibly stretchy and soft, yet still have the sturdy quality of jeans. They’re professional, chic, and make your legs looks so much longer than they really are (especially for shorter gals like myself).
Jewelry can be a difficult area to complete an outfit, but these hoops have all the different shades of my outfit in metallics. I also love the way the necklace chains drape to give it just enough detail.
The simple beaded bracelets compliment the colors and overall texture of the outfit. In addition, the purse is vegan leather, and is the perfect size to carry a wallet, phone, and other small necessities.
I hope this inspires you for all of your outfits on the go! I was lucky enough to find all of these beautiful outfit pieces from Urban Found! Check out Urban Found in stores in Holland, Saugatuck, or South Haven Michigan or check out their website here.
As always, I am so encouraged by you reading my blog, so thank you for listening!!! You are so appreciated!